It’s already time to think about how you are going to set your dinner table for your holiday dining. Whether you are having a traditional sit down meal, or you are having a buffet style meal, the centerpiece should reflect your entertaining style. From large lavish displays to ones that are more refined and tailored for intimate dining, choose a centerpiece that you will enjoy and feel proud to display. Here are some creative centerpiece ideas for your holiday dinner table.
- Bold and bountiful centerpieces: Are you entertaining a formal holiday party this season and need a wow factor to impress? Bold centerpieces can involve lots of color, height or dimension. Determine how much space you will have at the center of the table. Measure the area before having a florist or party planner order the centerpiece. If you are making yourself, be mindful of adjacent dishes, and food areas that will require real estate on the dinner table as well.
- Consider the conversation areas: For seated dinners, remember that conversations amongst guests are encouraged and a wrong placement or dimensions of an arrangement can hinder your guests feeling welcomed. For festive color, add red berries, pine cones, evergreen twigs and Christmas ornaments to add small areas on the table for visual interest but not distracting from the guests and mingling.
- Buffet table centerpieces: If you are planning to have a buffet, a centerpiece that has height is ideal. A Christmas tree can make the perfect adornment to your holiday table with simple gifts around the base. For an added touch, put party favors or small desserts or hor’dourves on a tiered stand for beauty and function. Centerpieces can be grouped together or spaced out amongst a long buffet table.
- Simple and modern: If you prefer a minimal and organic approach to your holiday table consider using neutral tones of whites and greens for your centerpiece. Glass votives, hurricane vases and urns can make beautiful containers for evergreen and natural products, such as pine cone, raffia, berries, and artificial snow!
- Pick a color and carry it through your theme: To add color to your holiday table, consider picking a color and uniting your holiday décor to your centerpiece ideas! Monochromatic color themes are gorgeous at the holidays and consider pairing your main theme color with neutrals or metallic details to counterbalance the saturation of one color. From your Christmas tree and home décor to your centerpiece at the holiday table, a single color scheme can be gorgeous.
The centerpiece at your holiday dinner or buffet table should be a statement of your style and the holiday season. From simple candles and evergreen to glitz and glamour, make your table sing with beauty and admiration. If you prefer simple, try adding a candle amongst a winterscape of evergreen and pine cones. If you decide to use candles at the dinner table, opt for unscented ones so they don’t interfere with your guest’s enjoyment of the food! Happy entertaining!
devils-den reader’s what type of centerpiece will grace your table this holiday season?