We hope you like the products we recommend. Just so you are aware, devils-den may collect a share of sales from the links on this page.
When you think of Feng Shui, romance may not be the first thing that comes to mind. Feng Shui principles are all about enhancing our living spaces — including the bedroom. The elements of Feng Shui are meant to bring out the right energy, (or Chi’i) for every room in our home. The colors and elements of this practice focus on many areas of our lives, including family harmony, creativity and romance. The good news is that you can create a Feng Shui bedroom with just a few simple changes.
Here’s how Feng Shui elements can create a romantic and relaxing vibe for your bedroom.
1. Start with a romantic Feng Shui bedroom color scheme
The Feng Shui colors meant to enhance loving relationships at home are, not coincidentally, the same colors we already associate with romance. Traditional Feng Shui bedroom colors include red, pink, and white. It’s not practical to decorate your bedroom in such a limited color palette, but a soothing neutral color palette with Feng Shui color accents is a wonderful way to incorporate them. Here’s how to use these romantic colors in your bedroom decor:
- Choose artwork with red or pink accents to enhance your romantic bedroom color scheme.
- Add a few throw pillows or a luxurious throw in the Feng Shui romantic colors.
- Candles can not only enhance your color scheme, but also add a romantic vibe.
- Fresh flowers in red or pink are especially beneficial to achieving the romantic Chi’i (energy) in your bedroom.
- Think beyond a simple red, pink or white Feng Shui color palette in your bedroom. To create harmony, you can choose shades that fit your color scheme, like peach, rust or ivory.
2. Use Feng Shui romantic symbolism in your bedroom
There is more to Feng Shui than colors or furniture placement. When it comes to your bedroom, there are designs and symbols thought to enhance the romantic energy.
- Decorate in pairs. The symbolism of “twos” is important to Feng Shui bedroom design. Images or figurines of swans, Mandarin ducks, in pairs, is especially auspicious.
- Artwork that evokes love and relationships. Whether you frame happy photos with your significant other for your walls, or hang classic art that depicts loving relationships, this type of wall art is a must for romantic Feng Shui.
- Avoid art and decor that suggests unpleasant emotions or loss.
- Family photos are wonderful in other areas of the house, but are not considered favorable for a romantic Feng Shui bedroom — this is the space for romantic photos that support your relationship.
3. Add romantic bedroom lighting
The most romantic bedrooms are relaxing, and lighting is a big part of that. Every bedroom needs basic overhead lighting for cleaning, getting dressed and finding things. Your romantic bedroom lighting is another layer of light that sets the mood for your romantic Feng Shui bedroom.
Bedside lighting can come from table lamps, sconces and swing arm lamps, or hanging pendants over your nightstands. To achieve romantic ambiance through lighting, your bedside lights should be dimmable and soft. You can add additional romantic lighting with LED candles, which can be purchased with a timer and remote, for hassle-free mood lighting. You can also put up delicate string lights in your bedroom for a totally romantic look, year-round.
4. Choose romantic and luxurious bed linens
Your bed linens are the most important element in a romantic bedroom. The Feng Shui element for love is Earth — this means that bed linens in natural fabrics and neutral colors can enhance romantic energy in your bedroom. The most romantic bed linens should feel romantic and luxurious to the touch, even if they aren’t expensive. Complete your bed linen ensemble with throw blankets and pillows in the colors of Feng Shui romance.
5. Feng Shui your bedroom with romantic accent decor
The wonderful secret to bringing the benefits of Feng Shui into your home is that it works in any decorating style. Your accent decor doesn’t have to be Feng Shui-themed, it can be in whatever style you choose for your bedroom. Your goal for achieving a romantic bedroom is to consciously choose each piece of decor, and ask yourself if it will enhance the relaxing and romantic style you hope to achieve through Feng Shui. The most romantic bedroom decor invites you to linger and relax.