If you’re having trouble getting your kids to do homework, check out these cool study room ideas. Maybe all you need to kick-start your kid’s study habits is a change of scenery! A back-to-school homework space that’s quiet for focus, colorful for inspiration and organized to reduce distractions would make homework time a pleasure for most kids.
Regardless of the size of the space or room, you can create an awesome and affordable kids’ homework space. Best of all, and are running a month-long sale in July to help you create the coolest back-to-school homework spaces ever.
When planning a homework space, remember these five important elements:
1. Color: Wallpaper or paint a wall or the shelf openings in a bold and invigorating color.
2. Furniture: A small desk with storage or a coordinating file cabinet and a comfortable chair are essential.
3. Lighting: Make sure there’s plenty of ambient and .
4. Organization: Include lots of organization and like shelves, cork board, pegboard, cubbies, baskets and containers to keep the space tidy and everything in its place.
5. Personalization: Add some items that are personal to your child’s style, like monogrammed items, a favorite color or personal wall art.
Here’s a roundup of the best homework desks and study room ideas:
Kids Built-In Wall Studies
Rustic Modern Study Room for Kids
Designated Study Room Ideas
Under-the-Bed Homework Desks and Study Spots
Tween and Teen Study Room Ideas
Mod Home Office, Lounge and Homework Area
Small Desk Ideas
Homework Desk With Pegboard for Organization Ideas
Long Work Surfaces for Homework and Studying
Organized Homework Area for Several Kids
A little creativity and some essential pieces can help you create an attractive, functional spot that both kids and adults would appreciate. The following are some suggested products from and that can get you started creating this space for your kids: