The holidays are approaching quickly. Do you have your gift-giving plans in order? If not, don’t worry — devils-den is here to help. We have dozens of great ideas for the special people in your life, all categorized by design style and available at the devils-den Shop to make shopping easy for you. We hope you enjoy our first Holiday Gift Guide!
Gifts For the Mid-Century Modernist
MCM fanatics can’t live without wood elements. Their furnishings have a sleek, retro vibe, and at least one thing is probably shaped like an egg. Aqua, lime green and orange are favorite color accents in their homes. Here are some gift ideas sure to please fans of mid-century modern design.
1. Hanging Bird Feeder, Hand Blown Glass by Eva Solo, $42
2. Large Wavy Bowl, Acacia by Lipper International, $23
3. Audio Model One AM/FM Table Radio, Classic/Walnut by Tivoli, $149
4. Berks Lamp with Black Cord by Manhattan Project Design Shop, $95
5. Molded Plastic Armchair Rocker in White by LexMod, $86
6. “Eames” by Gloria Koenig, $11
7. “Arne Jacobsen: Objects and Furniture Design” by Architects, $23
8. Copenhagen Watch Me Wall Clock, Green by Normann, $49
Gifts For the Gourmet Cook
If you’re lucky enough to have someone in your life who can whip up a gourmet meal from leftovers and fill you in on the latest Top Chef episode, delight that special person with one of these fabulous kitchen gifts. We’ve even included the coolest record player so the chef can play some tunes while preparing a meal.
1. 6-Piece Silicone Utensil and Storage Crock Set by Le Creuset, $85
2. Indoor Smart Herb Garden by Click and Grow, $60
3. Pure White Magnetic Knife Holder by Stelton, $96
4. “The Design of Everyday Things” by Don Norman, $10
5. Bin 8 Multi Kitchen Tool by Bento & Co, $11
6. Premier Chef’s Knife by Shun, $165
7. Bottle Grinder, Small, Carbon/Ash Set by Menu, $55
8. Cruiser Portable Turntable, Turquoise by Crosley, $74
Gifts For the Hippie Chic
Hippie-chic bohemians bring a smile to your face. They’re quirky dreamers who probably have lots of plants, both indoors and out. They may even display one or two of their prized ferns in macrame hangers. These happy folks tend to like bright, sunny colors like yellows and greens, and prefer materials that are earth-friendly. Here are some groovy gift options.
1. “Tree Houses: Fairy Tale Castles in the Air” by Philip Jodidio, $44
2. 06 Lamp Shade, Medium by Normann Copenhagen, $135
3. Pooley 2 Ceramic Flower Vase by Chive, $35
4. Retro Digital Flip Desk Alarm Clock, Orange by Idea, $42
5. Wally Living Wall Planter by Woolly Pocket, $82
6. Toast It Coasters, Set of 8 by Design Ideas, $14
7. Whale Bookends by Jonathan Adler, $112
8. Grassy Organizer, Avocado by Umbra, $9
Gifts For the Minimalist
Impeccably dressed and perfectly presentable at all times, minimalists are neat freaks and like all things in life to be as simple and sleek as possible. What on earth do you give minimalists? Anything to make their lives run smoothly or keep their space organized — items so well-designed they can’t resist. Here are a few we know they’ll appreciate.
1. Spice/Herb Storage Bottles with Oak Stoppers by Sagaform, $22
2. Karlsson Wall Clock Little Big Time Mini, Black by Present Time, $19
3. Molded Ply W Magazine Stand in Walnut by Offi, $180
4. “Dieter Rams: As Little Design as Possible” by Sophie Lovell, $60
5. Wonder Wall Desk, Walnut by Blu Dot, $399
6. &Tradition Bulb Mini Pendant by Ameico, $225
7. Adorne Pop-Out Outlet by Legrand, $40
Gifts For the Tech-Savvy
Experts at the art of connectivity, technologically oriented people can always help you figure out your electronic glitches. They covet the latest gadgets and are constantly pining for the next rumored prototype. Surprise your favorite techie with a gift that’s both functional and innovative.
1. Personal Environment Monitor For iPhone by Lapka, $439
2. Verbarius Written-Word Digital Clock by Art. Lebedev Studio, $132
3. Kevo Smart Lock With Keyless Bluetooth by Kwikset, $190
4. Powerstation Battery Charger by Mophie, $60
5. Learning Thermostat, 3rd Generation by Nest, $249
6. “Thoughts on Designing Information” by Inge Gobert and Johan Van Looveren, $101
7. Quattro Swing Arm Table Lamp by Sonneman, $450